Hi Steve,

Django is an open source product made and improved by many volunteers.

Probably you are reffering to:
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/14286

What needs to get done to get the patch accepted in Django, is that
somebody (really anybody - could be you) looks at the latest patch
provided. maybe makes some improvements for suggestions and if all is well,
it can be marked: Ready for checkin.

After that, it is a core developers "job" (again, it is voluntary) to
either implement, or give constructive feedback on why not. Some tickets
are easy and some are hard.

The best way to get a core developers attention is to do a 5 for 1, which
means if you check 5 patches of other people, a core developer is willing
to look at your patch / the patch you would like to have in Django.

More information on contributing to Django is here:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/

Good luck!

Wim