A form that has a char field (e.g. "name") when provided a dict of data
will convert the value of "name" to a Unicode, no matter what. I understand
that this is desirable in some circumstances, but it can lead to things
like:

>>> product.name
u"{'haha': 'I am a dict'}"

Perhaps this is desirable, but I wonder if there is any merit to the idea
of sanitizing data to ensure it is "valid" for a char field, since
practically *any* Python object can be cast into a Unicode (vs a
DecimalField or an IntegerField, which will raise an error).

I realize the distinction of a "valid" would be completely arbitrary (e.g.,
who's to say that a dict isn't a valid char field value, but an that
integer is?), but nonetheless, here I am, requesting feedback.