On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Florian Apolloner
<f.apollo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So all in all I think we could enable travis,

I agree, +1 from me.

> but I have two questions:
>  * How much bash magic do we want in the .travis.yml file? One option would
> be to use a separate repo like I did in my initial work:
> https://github.com/apollo13/django/blob/travisci/.travis.yml (Personally I
> prefer my approach a bit more since it would keep the git history clean of
> changes which are only needed to configure travis properly if the baseimage
> changes etc...)

Yes, I like this. I'm constantly committing "fix travis" commits on my
other repos that use Travis, and that's annoying an crappy for a
project with a public timeline. So let's do something like a
"github.com/django/travis-support" repo and keep the .travis file
simple and clean.

>  * Any objections to ship a file like the test_ci.py file in the PR (+ the
> accompaning docs, especially with regard to dj-database-url)?

I'd rather see this in the travis-support (or whatever) repo.

Jacob