On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:44 AM, meric <meric...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thinking through Adrian's post and mine above, it appears to be a trade
> off between coupling in the framework and increased responsibility for user
> views code. Personally I would opt for the former, because IMHO the idea of
> a framework is to reduce responsibility of user code and promoting same
> sets of design patterns for common problems (rather than each similar
> program having different adhoc ways to deal with the same problems I.e
> rather than having different ways people would implement a catch all view,
> have views send the same signal if the given arguments were not
> interpretable.) first before anything else, otherwise what else can a
> framework provide?.

Even though I suggested the use of a catch-all view for handling multiple
objects in the beginning of the thread, I now see the value of moving this
to urls.py. For more complex websites and scenarios, some patterns may
emerge that lead to such a number of possibilities that at some point, from
a design perspective, you start wondering if you're not packing too much
routing into the views (with a catch-all view) when they should be handled
by the URL routing module.

Previously -1, now +1 on this idea.

Cheers,
AT