I've just read the previous discussion and I now have the same conclusion
as yours - the optional request argument doesn't provide much the user
can't do easily anyway. They can always make a custom function to grab the
site based on the request.

The value of Site.objects.get_current() as you previously mentioned is in
allowing code with no access to the request object to fetch the current
site. Therefore, it wouldn't make sense to add dynamic multitenancy without
also adding the ability for Site.objects.get_current() to return the
current, dynamic, site; however this solution requires storing the request
in the thread state, which introduces another set of complications...