Hey all,
  I've just created django-core-mentorship[1] with founding members
including Carl Meyer, Jacob Kaplan-Moss, Simon Charette, and Russell
Keith-Magee.

  Modeled after pythonmentors.com, the intention is to help more
people make the leap from using django to contributing to it.  It is a
complement to django-developers, where most members are already quite
experienced with django and development in general.

  django-core-mentorship will consist just of people interested in
learning to contribute, or members of django-core who are interested
in helping those people succeed.  We'll have a Code along the lines of
pythonmentors as well, but for now, I hope this email will suffice.

  If you ever see conversation on this list where you feel a new
contributor is being turned away (or turned off) by the existing
django-developers discussion, please direct them to
django-core-mentorship.

  If you've considered contributing to Django but haven't felt
welcome, this list is for you.