On 8 avr. 2013, at 10:33, VernonCole <vernondc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am confused by the documentation.  I cannot seem to figure out whether the
> AUTOCOMMIT switch is a new feature on the way in, or an obsolete feature on
> the road to deprecation.

Defining AUTOCOMMIT = True within OPTIONS, as shown in the subject of this
message, was a PostgreSQL-specific feature that will be removed (well, ignored)
in 1.6.

Defining AUTOCOMMIT = False next to ENGINE and OPTIONS is new in 1.6. It's a
per-database replacement for the even-more-confusing setting called
TRANSACTIONS_MANAGED. You should never use it anyway!

Django 1.5 uses the behavior mandated by PEP 249 ie. no autocommit (unless
you're using PostgreSQL and you set the AUTOCOMMIT option).

Django 1.6 will use autocommit on all databases.

You'll find more information in my posts to this list, one or two months ago.

--
Aymeric.