On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Christopher Medrela
<chris.medr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jacob, as you said, I deleted django-updates part, but I ended with a
> proposal taking only 9 weeks. Did you mean also scheduling more than 6 weeks
> for the first part of the proposal (writing the new framework) and
> "stretching" the schedule to 12 weeks? I agree that 6 weeks for writing the
> framework is slightly too few, but on the other side we have to send
> evaluations after first six weeks, so I think it's a good idea to have
> something that works done.

Look, it's up to you; my goal is to encourage you to come up with a
plan that's realistically deliverable. Nearly ever summer of code
student so far has overestimated how much they can get done. So I'm
trying to help you come up with a proposal that matches what you can
actually do.  Don't forget to take Hofstadter's Law
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hofstadter%27s_law) into account!

Ultimately, we're much more likely to reject an overly-ambitious
proposal than an underly-ambitious one. Our goal is to see you get
done what you promise to get done, so that starts with having
realistic expectations.

Jacob