On 31 touko, 15:51, Marc Tamlyn <marc.tam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In particular I'd be quite strongly against the main Django codebase
> shipping with potentially broken drivers - this will reflect very badly on
> the project for new users.

The thing is, this is *already* true. Oracle GIS was badly broken in
1.4 release for a long time. Many GIS tests are still failing (1.4,
1.5 and master), but at least saving objects is now possible. If
nobody cares enough to fix this, then I don't see a big problem. What
we should likely do is add some warnings somewhere about potentially
broken state of Oracle GIS (import time + docs maybe).

We could also throw the Oracle GIS code away, but I don't see much
point in doing that. The code is working well enough now that Oracle
GIS is used by some users.

Of course the best case scenario is that somebody is motivated enough
to fix the tests.

 - Anssi