On 2013-08-08 09:59, Collin Anderson wrote:
>> I am doing something a little different with my CSRF tokens, and
>> I believe it guards against BREACH.
>
> Instead of sending the token in the HTTP response, I am using
> javascript to read (and generate if needed) the CSRF token cookie.
> The javascript reads the token from the cookie and adds it as a
> hidden field to any forms that need it on the page.
>
> This also has two bonus benefits:

but also has the downside that it doesn't work if JS is disabled.
You may or may not care, but it's at least something to consider
(JS-free interactions may come from older devices, or from testing
tools, etc; so I've found enough benefit to code for JS-free and then
add in additional functionality).

-tkc