2013/8/30 Daniele Procida <dani...@vurt.org>

> Would it be possible to add "beta" too, or would that always be the same
> as "dev" anyway?

You have commit access to the code controlling this :)

https://github.com/django/djangoproject.com/blob/master/docs/urls.py#L21-L24
https://github.com/django/djangoproject.com/blob/master/docs/views.py#L27-L30

I can review a pull request if that's useful.

However:
- "beta" could be confusing during the "RC" period, we might want another
name
- it's going to become more complicated to flag versions correctly in the
admin

Differences between the stable, beta/rc and latest version of the docs
mostly
matter to people familiar with Django's development cycle, and these people
usually know what version is at what development stage at a given time.

I originally implemented "stable" to provide a stable URL for search
engines,
but I don't know how to tell Google that "stable" is more interesting than
"dev"
without dereferencing "dev" entirely.

--
Aymeric.