On Friday, September 20, 2013 3:59:47 PM UTC+2, Donald Stufft wrote:

> A basic tenant in securing systems is that you make each piece of the
> system responsible for it's own security and you don't have it depend on
> the security of another system. Moving away from pickle as the default
> serialization engine ensures this property for the storage of session data.

Thank you for the response, Donald. This is a point of view I didn't
consider. I tend to think of the "backend platform" as unitary and
data-centered, implying that compromising the security of the data servers
will compromise the entire business. What I didn't consider is that this is
just MY point of view. Your point makes perfect sense, the decision coming
from a web framework.

Davide