On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Burak Emre Kabakcı
<emrekaba...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Again, thanks for the other alternatives.
>
> Today, I have worked with auth.backends.ModelBackend and it seems it would
> be possible to separate user resources (like if the route namespace is
> "myapp", then go with Customer table) if get_user(self, user_id) method is
> called with request parameter. It's only called by auth.get_user(request)
> which already has the request parameter in order to obtain backend session
> key. I had to change original Django source code to send extra request
> parameter to ModelBackend.get_user (which is really embarrassing, I know).
> Then I used monkey patching technique in my application code to keep Django
> source code original. (which is also embarrassing)

The reason that I really want to do is the database will be used by another
> framework in Java and my teammates insist on keeping customers data on
> another table (It also seems reasonable to me).
>
> I think your separated project solution is the legit way to to something
> like that but the problem is I have to run two python instances in server
> and it will become harder to manage these instances. Also AFAIK they will
> have to use different ports I will have to use reverse proxy to attach the
> other project to a path.
>
> No, they wont. Apache can trivially set up different subpaths under a
single domain.

However, we're now well outside the domain of a Django Developers thread --
you're back into Django-users territory.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAJxq84-oK4FArK%2Bi-uPUfzGst%2BPbmXV4fwtBZ2_-ofo5nZRJnQ%40mail.gmail.com.