On 7 nov. 2013, at 16:39, Vajrasky Kok <sky....@speaklikeaking.com> wrote:

> So I already created a pull request to modify this document. But there was a
> gentleman who raised objection that the ability to override site header was
> really not that important and was better skipped in tutorial02 because my
> modification lengthen the documentation.
>
> So I ask your opinions here. Once we have agreement, I'll modify the pull
> request. Thanks.

I appreciate the effort you put in this pull request. However, I agree that
it’s too long. We’re trying very hard to keep the tutorial focused on the
absolute basics, and we’re removing every sentence we can remove.

Adrian considered this issue when he committed the feature, see
https://github.com/django/django/commit/a962286b74f1e8c8cb19fb45a057800da8c2fb56#commitcomment-4035321
> Not sure yet whether I'll change the tutorial bit, because that section
> appears to double as an introduction to template overriding, so it may not be
> worth removing.

But it isn’t clear whether he made a decision to leave the tutorial as is or
just moved on!

If you’re going change the tutorial, here’s my advice:
- make sure the concept of template inheritance is introduced somewhere else.
- make the new version shorter than the old one — it’s supposed to be easier,
isn’t it?

—
Aymeric.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/22E6C915-F0BD-4073-8D5F-1CEECDAA6450%40polytechnique.org.