Do we ever intend to implement something like collect_templates in the
future? Similar to collect_static?
If so, implementing this would break collect_templates or the similarity
that we currently have in how app directories are processed.
This is actually the monkey-patching way of writing templates.

Probably a weak argument. I'm still against, but practically beats purity.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/d7060744-95c5-464c-a5bd-1a7d38b30432%40googlegroups.com.