So, after discussions with various devs, it was recognised that one of the
issues with the 1.6 release cycle was the lack of communication with the
general community about what was happening...  who was developing what,
what the hold ups were, etc.

So, I've decided to undertake the task of periodic [fortnightly for now]
updates on what's going on with Django development, much like the release
manager Status Updates in GCC.  I will attempt to keep track of who is
working on features, and poll you all in the days leading up to a Update.

I will monitor trac for active tickets, as well as posts on the mailing
list, but of course it would also help if I could contact people
directly... so if you want to be included, drop me a line :)

--
Curtis Maloney

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAG_XiSD99KNagcaiZc2O8ELw8uVYTdtbHJJPi1gC46D-RBxrhg%40mail.gmail.com.