I recall helping someone on #django with something similar to this, where
the documentation, logical expectations and actual code went in rather
different directions.

There was a condition where despite the setting being observed at one
layer, a lower layer then went and ignored it anyway... will have to dig it
up again...

--
Curtis

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAG_XiSAi1yU1XwxR%2B_TSvgVi8VdYrezqSM5LUdc_QTUaqeU%3D%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com.