I can't seem to get to django_bash_completion from a Pypi package install
of Django. I believe this is due to not including "extras" in the setup.py
packaging script. I had created a django
ticket<https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/21511> for
this, but was asked to post here for additional feedback.

In the ticket I had also mentioned including extras/django_bash_completion
as part of the package "scripts" for easier access within the $VIRTUAL_ENV/bin/
folder, but I realize the downside of over-populating the tab completion
possibilities.

Anyways, here is my proposed
diff: https://gist.github.com/bnekolny/c7f7bf3c016695d6cbbd

I wonder if anyone has feedback for me regarding this issue. We use
django_bash_completion, but are unable to install Django using the Pypi
package without getting our own copy of the django_bash_completion script
since it is not bundled with the package.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Brett Nekolny

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/84ee6c9e-e117-484c-a707-c904e401a35d%40googlegroups.com.