I sympathize with your frustration. On the other hand as we have over 500
bugs in Trac, and I'm not sure starting to accept documentation requests
for them is the best use of our resources. I'm not sure the feature is
really completely broken enough to warrant removing it from the docs?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/7caa7365-6318-4a09-814f-c307c58a3e72%40googlegroups.com.