Mentioned on the PR already, but writing some thoughts here too.

I like the change. Moving test settings into their own sub-dict makes a lot
of sense. Missing are settings for creating the datafile and datafile size
for Oracle though. I'm unsure if a separate patch should be submitted for
those new settings or not. I'd really like if those new settings could be
added for 1.7, to enable oracle test databases to be created by the test
runner.

Currently, Oracle GIS can't be tested without first creating the test
database (due to the datafile size). Similarly, the test runner can not
create the database for Oracle RAC because of the datafile name.

Regards,

Josh

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/a408612c-3bd3-4302-8ceb-a5e5a96c5570%40googlegroups.com.