Casting to strings would make this example work. But will break in other
cases:

dict((key, str(val)) for key, val in {'value': None}.items())
  => <input value="None">

I don't want to say that this problem is impossible to solve without a "is"
check in the templates, I only want to point out that this basic comparison
that is very handy in python on many ocassions is not available in the
template. And having something like this in core might just make the
template language a bit rounder and nicer to use for pythonistas.

· Gregor ·

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CALjSGCNDMC1q7LhamQaf%3D9jEW0bXPn5gdpmDL88dVQgKsNb__Q%40mail.gmail.com.