And for the last month or so a patch has existed and feedback has been
requested. Performance was one of the concerns mentioned, so download
Curtis' patch, and test that it works for your use case. He has asked for
feedback a number of times. Unless you try it out, I fear that you won't be
seeing multi-line tags.

I think it's fairly obvious that this idea has gained traction - so go and
test the implementation:
https://github.com/funkybob/django/compare/multiline-templates<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Ffunkybob%2Fdjango%2Fcompare%2Fmultiline-templates&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNESXRgM1CQC1ENBNez82YR99dM5nA>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/67d5028e-80d7-4fdd-ba99-7b626b163b75%40googlegroups.com.