I just want to clarify a few misunderstanding that I keep seeing popping up.

1. If you read the original
ticket, https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/22667 you will notice that my
original concern wasn't the word 'master', nor the word 'slave', but the
usage of both terms together. What basically I wanted to do was renaming
that specific database configuration known as master/slave to something
else. Turns out, primary/replica was already there.
2. Contrary to popular belief, the words 'master' and 'slave' have not been
banned from the documentation.
3. I sure have no intention or hope to change the English language used by
billions of people. That's kind of a big task to accomplish.
4. I neither have any intention of telling people what they should use. By
all means, use whatever you feel like it's best. The intention here was to
change just what Django uses in its docs.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/acce630f-3760-4013-902d-fdfd687d0894%40googlegroups.com.