I think it's an awesome idea to have a pluggable template engine
architecture in Django. I hope you can stretch the goal to have the second
step (djando templates as a library) done too!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAE-2%3DJw0HRn21dBAJ%2BHQ9kooMwwX-ENyJ30vYDdW%2BuyawuWEQA%40mail.gmail.com.