Hey gang,

I finally got past 1.5 and I'm finding so many nice features in 1.7. Thanks
to everyone!

To my surprise logging had an overhaul from #21714 [0] and I found the
documentation a bit confusing / lacking of details.

Theres an explanation of merging settings in
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.7/topics/logging/#configuring-logging
but no description of what the defaults are.

Visiting
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.7/topics/logging/#django-s-default-logging-configuration
doesn't offer any more help to understanding the technical details.

I'd like to see a mention of the defaults existing in
`django.utils.log.DEFAULT_LOGGING` *at a minimum*. Given the desire to
understand the entire technical scope I think it would be worth repeating
the default settings in the default logging configuration heading at the
bottom of the page (and toss a comment in django.utils.log that if it's
updated remember to update the docs).

Thoughts?

Thanks & Happy New Year!
Lee