As explained above and discussed on the #django-dev IRC channel, it's an
acceptable choice to use tuples, even though it isn't the default Django
chose. Please don't raise warnings or do anything else to discourage using
tuples.

Writing this patch consists in:

- going though the 22 settings whose default value is currently a tuple
- doing a "find-all" in the Django repository with the setting name
- adjusting the code (including surrounding comments), docs and tests

I would suggest making one commit per setting, for ease of review, but if
you already made lots of local changes this isn't a big deal.

--
Aymeric.

> While I understand that turning it into a deprecation warning would be way
> out of bounds, That was simply meant to say that maybe we should raise
> *some* warning at startup time that'll ensure that the developer at least
> knows what he's up against if he puts in tuples instead of lists.
>
> On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 6:32:37 PM UTC+5:30, Tom Christie wrote:
>>
>> > So, I've been working on a patch ... Suggestions?
>>
>> Normalizing on lists as the default throughout is good. Warning about
>> using tuples and putting their usage on a deprecation path seems a little
>> unnecessary. I don't think that was discussed in this thread, but I've only
>> scanned through, so I could be wrong.
>>
>> If nothing else let's at least treat those as two *separately reviewable*
>> pull requests.
>>
>  --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/3ea8a693-78e9-46e5-ae60-6a9255b6b8a2%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/3ea8a693-78e9-46e5-ae60-6a9255b6b8a2%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>