I've been struggling to add forms to an app I am building, because the
context of where to put form classes is missing in the docs.  I don't want
to take a guess, even if it's right, when I could be following best
practice.  In the 1.7 tutorial, the namespacing and file naming is laid out
pretty simply, but in the Working with Forms page,
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.7/topics/forms/ which is the start of
the overview, there is nothing setting out that I should, say, be using
/myapp/forms.py .  I think that would be a valuable thing to add to the
docs.  I've searched for where else it might be, and I can't find it, so
even if it does exist elsewhere, the difficulty of finding this information
is high.

The tutorials have the name of file at the top of each example, which is my
favourite solution, but even a briefing at the top of the forms overview
would be an improvement on what is currently a low information zone.
Currently, I don't have access to info on how to namespace my forms, and
where to create what I'm creating.  It's a small change that would make the
docs clearer and easier to use.

DP

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/f5a8e89f-d9d8-46a3-95b7-0b075c15fec4%40googlegroups.com.