> Contributing to contrib.postgres is a possible
> option, but it's not really a postgres specific feature -- almost all
> of the major database vendors support it (sqlite being as always the
> obvious exception).

This option worries me. I definitely do not like the idea of building a
feature into contrib.postgres that could be built for the rest of the
database backends too. It seems like a cop-out for doing less work, and
really promotes one built in backend above others. contrib.postgres should
be a place for postgres specific features, not for cutting out other
backends. I'm glad you pointed that out.

Cheers

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/112e6136-25ce-475c-be2a-f218411ee745%40googlegroups.com.