About IE 9 support it is possible to use a polyfill for flexbox, even
thought this causes performance problems and/or it (the polyfill) could not
implement the full spec. https://github.com/doctyper/flexie

Another options is to go mobile first *even* on IE 9 (eg, everything on one
column), I saw an article where someone was describing this approach (for
ie8), if I find the link I'll post it here. If we add some IE9 specific css
it could look good.

Patrick

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAOUxZcsur_mn0q3EoXPe-QEZ1dRHYgw9jJycSUJVJqUBnyxLhQ%40mail.gmail.com.