Today I realized that the ability to reverse using the Python path gets
deprecated

My source: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/ref/urlresolvers/#reverse

Imagine you have a very clear directory structure and everyone knows this in
your company.

The name of an url pattern is redundant. I like to avoid redundancy (DRY).

I don't see the reasons behind this.

The security issues are already solved:
https://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2014/apr/21/security/#s-issue-unexpected-code-execution-using-reverse

Please tell me the reason.

One work around this would be to give each view the name of the import
path: name="common_structure.foo.bar"
And if you don't allow dots: name="common_structure/foo/bar"
But this looks not dirty.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/4d36be10-847a-40f5-9421-5d6e0d6d865c%40googlegroups.com.