https://github.com/django/django/pull/4588
<https://github.com/django/django/pull/4588>

I this PR I suggest to add a `django` entry point that is identical to
`django-admin`, and a `__main__.py` that also is a mirror of `django-admin`.

There’s also related discussion at https://github.com/django/django/pull/3861
<https://github.com/django/django/pull/3861>

There’s precedent for using these as the primary methods of use all over the
place. Flask, in particular, uses both the `flask` command as well as `python
-m flask`. Celery also uses the `celery` command as well as `python -m celery`.

I see value in adding these endpoints that are more easily guessable. However,
there’s a cost too, the cost of having more than one way to do it. We already
have `django-admin` and `django-admin.py`, would adding these obvious entry
points give too many options?

Ryan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/90DC7B87-35F5-4B77-93EA-7734DA31EA86%40ryanhiebert.com.