I couldn't find any related discussions on this topic, but I would find it
helpful to have documentation whether a specific migration was faked or
not. This would allow someone to look at all migrations that have been run
and see which ones were actually applied.

My use case is migrating a large project to django 1.7. Since there are
many apps in the project the initial migrations generated are not all 0001
- 0002, 0003 both present. These will all get faked, but it's not obvious
in 6 months that migration 0003 in one app that was created as part of
initializing migrations was faked vs migration 0003 in another app that was
applied.

Adding a NullBooleanField to the model would solve the issue, but I'm not
positive if this is good practice.

Thanks for the input in advance.
-Steve

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/0cb6be5f-a957-4580-9b17-a034706e87ba%40googlegroups.com.