> But I think such a project needs to be approached as a full rewrite,
> probably first as a third-party module and then later (if it works out
> well) considered for merge as a separate replacement module. It does not
> seem likely to me that tugging on individual threads like "remove
> management form" and "remove initial forms" will result in changes to
> the current formset code that are both backwards-compatible and an
> improvement in the design. I'm willing to be proven wrong, but so far
> the current pull request only strengthens that feeling.

This could very well be true. We could also try implementing a field
wrapping a subform and a field wrapping a multitude of fields. I am
not sure whether there would be an obvious way to render the resultin
form as HTML but it would mean that we'd end up only having a single
thing to deal with (forms) and would allow existing views to
transparently handle situations where more than one form is needed
(just create a form that consists of two subform fields).

--
Patryk Zawadzki
I solve problems.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CANw2pUEM9q%2BbWymWATKhoXSU9eSw3jagVY5bjVJhGGrqzv-zdw%40mail.gmail.com.