On Tuesday 25 August 2015 05:13:14 Andrew Godwin wrote:
> The main problem I forsee here is just making sure that the MigrationLoader
> knows to take these located-in-the-wrong-place migrations and insert them
> into the migration tree right - in particular, you have issues with the
> dependencies, because say you made a third-party migration that depends on
> app_a.0003, and then they ship a new version that has app_a.0004, then
> suddenly app_a.0003 has two different children and the migration solver is
> going to really hate you.

It's not going to hate her very badly, it will just ask her to add an empty
"merge" migration. If the feature is supported, that migration will be added
in the the external folder, and all will work fine. I still don't like the
idea.

The main problem I see with this is that it allows one app to mess with other
apps' models (yes, it means I think modeltranslations is Doing It Wrong(tm),
and the current issue is just pointing that out more loudly).

Shai.