Hi,

On Friday 25 September 2015 00:34:21 Tim Graham wrote:
> Thanks again for updating those instructions. Just a couple things:

I second that.

> 1. The DATABASES setting should have an 'other' database as they did
> before.
>
> 2. I think the settings also need to define the 'TEST' option like they did
> before:
>
> 'TEST': {
>     'USER': 'djangotest',

This appears to be wrong -- you are specifying that the main user be used as
the test user. That should not work without adding

        'CREATE_USER' : False

without the test-user specified, Django will make (and destroy) a user named
test_djangotest.

>      'TBLSPACE': 'django_test',
>      'TBLSPACE_TMP': 'django_test_tmp',
> },
>
> (At least I hope this is the reason that the tests are super-slow compared
> to the previous version of the VM.)

If the tablespace names change anything, I will be surprised.
Either way, unless something funny is happening, none of the three settings
should have a major effect on test execution time.

Shai.