Can you make an API proposal?

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 3:41:42 AM UTC-4, guettli wrote:

> From  https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/25582
>
>  {{{
>
> It is a common question on stackoverflow and other places:
>
> How to reverse() to url including GET parameters? Example:
> .../myview?foo=bar
>
> ​
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9585491/how-do-i-pass-get-parameters-using-django-urlresolvers-reverse
>
> ​http://stackoverflow.com/a/27641445/633961
>
> It would be very nice if django could implement a short-cut which provides
> this.
> It would be useful for python code and template, too.
> }}}
>
> {{{
> If we do add it, it likely needs a discussion on the DevelopersMailingList
> <https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/DevelopersMailingList> to figure out
> what the API should look like. See also #10941
> <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/10941> which asks for a template
> tag for creating query strings in templates.
> }}}
>
> What do you think?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/0f8dbd9f-b42d-4d17-806b-d965c0999b85%40googlegroups.com.
  • #25582... guettli
    • R... Tim Graham
      • ... guettli
        • ... Dheerendra Rathor
        • ... 'Tom Evans' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
      • ... Rob Hudson
    • R... Collin Anderson
    • R... Merijn Bertels
      • ... Tino de Bruijn