Hi,

On Saturday 24 October 2015 04:13:47 charettes wrote:
> Hi everyone I'm the author of this change.
>
> I submitted a PR (https://github.com/django/django/pull/5471) to completely
> revert this change given suggest adjustments don't get enough support.

I don't think that's the right fix. I think a field whose default value fails
its "clean" method is bogus and should be flagged. A warning for sure, an error
is not insensible.

However, I'm very surprised to find out that a model field's "clean()" method
even looks at the "blank" attribute. Like others on this thread, I was under
the impression that it's only for model-form generation.

Shai.