On 05.11.2015 09:54, José Tomás Tocino García wrote:

    In my opinion current behavior is just fine.

How is it "just fine" if there are usecases (the one I've described, for instance) where the current behavior evidently doesn't cut it?

Well first, inspectdb does only processes tables. As I understood your case involves views which are not traversed by Django.

Secondly, how often inspectdb is required to run with just a subset? Tim' suggestion is quite nice (wildcarded query).

Then we hit edge cases, since Django models by default are read/write how should select-only tables (or views if such behavior is implemented) should be handled? Should there be overridden methods that tries to disable invalid actions?

Now we hit another thing. If you do have spatial fields your schema will get temporary spatial objects, MDRT_*. Then usecase would be getting all other except those MDRT_* tables (or maybe exclude all tables having *$*)