Oops again... sorry for poor memory about the error message.

Regarding the original issue -- in Claude's use case, he says that calling
django.setup() before unpickling is not doable, as an external tool is
doing the unpickling of model data. Should we say that unpickling model
data from non-Django code is no longer possible?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/94ea6214-fb51-455b-8421-6ce7bb18c2e9%40googlegroups.com.