Hello,

I'm working on issue #22274 <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/22274>
and as part of this ticket I stumbled upon the domain geodjango.org
website. I don't think this adds any value to GeoDjango, and in fact this
is more a risk to confuse users by having an external website for a feature
that's part of Django. Also the Twitter account
<https://twitter.com/geodjango> linked by this website doesn't really seem
active, not to mention the last tweet that's a bit weird.

My proposal would be to keep the current domain and make it redirect to the
official GeoDjango docs, and add a link to the mailing list in the official
docs in a "Getting help" box, just like it's done in the Django docs.

What do you people think?

Cheers,
Sylvain

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAAXOc44isZJwbn6foPkP3eZhO-aYaeyat5RKh9%3DpGVE_dAjB%3Dw%40mail.gmail.com.