On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 7:01 AM, Alex Riina <alex.ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What's the plan for formsets with extra?
>
> I could see the required only getting applied to the first min forms but
> I'm not sure there is an actual workable case there. It seems like it will
> get too messy with adding and deleting at the same time.
>
> If can_delete is false and extra is 0, it seems like the required
> attribute could at least be used. Because of this, I think it should
> probably be an initialization argument, default to false, or be overridden
> when constructing forms in formsets.
>
> https://github.com/gregmuellegger/django-floppyforms/issues/75

Thanks for highlighting this.

I'll investigate implementing the suggestion "If can_delete is false and
extra is 0, it seems like the required attribute could at least be used.
Because of this, I think it should probably be an initialization argument,
default to false, or be overridden when constructing forms in formsets."
Thanks.

I think with this concern, this feature can't be solved entirely by
template-base widgets as something other then Field.required is necessary
for the formset case.

Cheers,
Jon

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CADhq2b5G_Bif-EB5C_XcQmLR_XZZboXOxmrc_Ja92rfEXfwydQ%40mail.gmail.com.