Hi everybody,

Tim pointed me to this discussion here and I support the overall goal. It
accelerates development, especially when designing somewhat prettier Web
pages. Quoting my quite naive approach from the issue tracker
(https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/26507#comment:2):

"""
I don't know if I would agree with the new title. Actually, I do not want
to reload/replace the already loaded template.

Looking at the source, I would say, we could make 'Loader.cache_key'
respect the mtime of the first found template.
So, they are two versions of the template in the cache but a cache does not
need to be perfect after all and the increased memory footprint would not
even matter in development.
"""

Do you think that's a feasible solution?

Sven

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/81c26c94-bc52-4220-afb4-abedd06e27d0%40googlegroups.com.