Hi Jacob,

Your explanations are rather right to understand the main hindrance to the
success of this change. I personally tried some alternative django admins
and even have some analysis with django admin internals too. I initially
thought If I could start the work immediately then it could be done before
1.11 but from your previous experience now It's clear that it will take
much longer time and dedication from multiple peoples.

I personally is willing to start the initial work's and will continue to
communicate and push the works regularly myself. But for the money I don't
have any initial source to manage It. I would dedicate my personal time to
it and also manage volunteers from my country's python django community who
got the ability to contribute to django.

For the technical perspective can you guide/ show me any previous
work/discussion/technical specs etc? I personally found django-admin2
internals quite modern and liked most of their approach. Though django have
its own limitations of bc so I would like to hear from core members about
the works right directions. I personally know about thing though.

Another thing I want to know as I'm based on south asia, so if some time
later the south asian developers participate then in future if serious
funding is needed then it might be lesser expensive then other parts of the
world as far I know. [don't get me wrong about the topic,]

Thanks

Asif

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/4a5db986-1dfb-4b02-8e46-3943fc92ef17%40googlegroups.com.