- Introduce Meta.indexes - !6857
   <https://github.com/django/django/pull/6857>, #26808
   <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/26808>
   The PR <https://github.com/django/django/pull/6857> has been merged. Now
   class based indexes can be added using Meta.indexes

<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/models/options/#django.db.models.Options.indexes>
   .

   - Add support for column ordering (ASC/DESC) in class based indexes -
   !6982 <https://github.com/django/django/pull/6982>, #20888
   <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/20888/>
   Resolve test failures on Oracle
   Update according to review suggestions

   - Resolve bug when unique_together was dropped along with it's field -
   #26180 <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/26180>
   Solve with another approach by introducing *[Add|Remove]UniqueTogether*
   operations and removing *generate_altered_unique_together* method of
   *migrations.Autodetector*
   PR - https://github.com/django/django/pull/7038

   - Add support for GIN indexes
   Add *BtreeGinExtension* operation to *contrib.postgres* to create
   btree_gin extension
   Add *GinIndex* to *contrib.postgres.indexes*
   Ticket - https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/27030
   PR - https://github.com/django/django/pull/7046

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/9c8007ab-8f8a-4475-803a-0bde8d689ce7%40googlegroups.com.