Hi all,

Since it seemed like an interesting idea to me, I started development of a
third-party plugin.

It's currently at:
    https://github.com/sjoerdjob/django-simple-url

Since I only started today, I have no readme/setup.py yet. Will come later
this week I hope.

Current usage is

    from django_simple_url import simple_url

    urlpatterns = [
        simple_url('hello/world/', hello_world_view),
        simple_url(':year/:month/', posts_for_month_view),
    ]

It works proper with includes (not adding a $ to the URL), and leaf views
(adding a $ to the URL).

Maybe this week, or early next week I will also add support for the
'<int:year>' syntax.

Kind regards,
Sjoerd Job

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/b8eb67eb-a8d6-4d29-ba2f-7886c61b9773%40googlegroups.com.