Hey Graham. mypy has a structure to support multiple python versions as you
noticed (and allows it to select them from the command line), but there's
no mechanism for selecting library version. For me, supporting "the latest
stable version" is a reasonable goal now. Flagging that appriopriately may
become a problem in the future, but only if this succeeds, so I'm focusing
on making this useful right now :).

I already mentioned a naive approach (use different branches in the
typeshed repo to support different django versions), but I'm keen to hear
better ideas!

And of course, if we get this into the django codebase itself the problem
goes away (you get the annotations when installing django).

Best,
   D.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Graham Wideman <graham.wide...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just making note of the typeshed project https://github.com/python/
> typeshed, "Typeshed models function types for the Python standard library
> and Python builtins, as well as third party packages."
>
> Pertaining to my earlier question about how pyi files should tell what
> version of a library they pertain to:FWIW, typeshed uses directory branches
> for different pyi files pertaining to different versions of Python, and
> version-range conditionals within pyi files. These version-selective
> devices pertain to version of Python. The interest in the discussion here
> would relate to version of Django, of course, where it seems similar
> measures might apply.

> msgid/django-developers/5bf15a4b-8360-4ee0-a985-
> 01f42e7e27fd%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/5bf15a4b-8360-4ee0-a985-01f42e7e27fd%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Daniel F. Moisset - UK Country Manager