If Django were a different framework, I'd probably think this was a
reasonable idea. However, Django's ORM is _incredibly_ good at deterring
SQL injection. In many many years of using and reviewing Django
applications, SQL injection is vanishingly rare in my experience; therefore
I think this adds complexity for limited gain. Another relevant factor is
that this is only applicable to the database sessions backend.

Alex

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 7:33 AM, Florian Apolloner <f.apollo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 1:26:19 PM UTC+2, Violet Gibson wrote:
>>
>> Unless I'm missing something, these ids could be
>> vulnerable to SQL injection attacks, if any are discovered or if
>> developers misuse features like extra().
>

> Same is true for literally any field a user can write into.
>

>> What is your opinion on this matter?
>>

> Not worth it imo,

> msgid/django-developers/3c8e5034-b0ed-4dbc-b60c-
> a2f9b280926e%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/3c8e5034-b0ed-4dbc-b60c-a2f9b280926e%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

GPG Key fingerprint: D1B3 ADC0 E023 8CA6

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAFRnB2V0fcmfR1Z7Actbs4%2Bxh_pwzooq6uEes%3Ds6K_L%3DUYMehg%40mail.gmail.com.