On Thursday, 22 September 2016 15:59:12 UTC+1, Sjoerd Job Postmus wrote:

> Another part I see is that the high coupling between Django and the URL
> resolvers (as mentioned in
> http://sjoerdjob.com/post/is-djangos-url-routing-tightly-coupled/ )
> should probably be cleaned up, if it is desired to someday support
> alternative URL resolvers. I'm willing to provide a patch for the checking
> part, but I'm not sure if it would be accepted. Do I need to open a ticket
> for that?
>
> I wrote the initial url checks code. The current tight coupling is the way
the code turned out, it wasn't a deliberate design choice on my part. I
read your blog post, and changing the code as you suggest so that the
resolver can check itself sounds good to me. Yes, please open up a ticket
to go with your patch.

Cheers,
Alasdair

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/a6be9d8e-c297-44b9-8ead-8e215f696c7a%40googlegroups.com.