Hello Tim,

Considering that there’s no evidence of anyone using the feature, that it
doesn’t work well in all circumstances, that we have an alternative which works
better and has no downsides (considering the new policy on dependencies), I
think that’s reasonable.

I’m afraid we’ll get a couple complaints a few months after we’ll drop security
support for 1.8, not during the 1.11 alpha period… But that doesn’t change my
arguments. If we get feedback during 1.11 alpha then we’ll have to reconsider.

(Disclaimer — I’m more tolerant of backwards-incompatible changes than many
other committers.)

--
Aymeric.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/7747B0D4-153D-4B6C-9F8F-2517E85BAFD9%40polytechnique.org.