> On 16 Nov 2016, at 16:35, Mark Young <marky1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Once I know the preferred fix, I'll work on the patch.

Unfortunately the hard part is to figure out what the preferred fix is :-/

It's likely to be a trivial one liner. Tests may be a bit more involved.

> One thing I still don't understand is why needs_rollback was set to True in
> the first place in my simple example.

You should take a look at what the Atomic class does. Database connections
track in_atomic_block and needs_rollback to allow Atomic to perform its
function.

--
Aymeric.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/61127455-B187-4A0D-BF77-21FD8689D492%40polytechnique.org.